SSE is a training and technology company with its primary facilities in Jacksonville, Fl. and St. Louis, Mo., with nearly 30 years' experience providing custom training solutions and IT services for both government and commercial aviation clients. This is an immediate full time position in Jacksonville FL.
We are in search of an Aviation Electronics Technician (AT) (Avionics') with experience on the P-8 / 737 aircraft, to serve as a Subject Matter Expert to develop courseware for our SSE/Boeing P-8A program. Subject Matter Experts will join a collaborative team of additional rated Subject Matter Experts, Graphics Designers/Artists, Courseware Developers and Technical Writers, to build Courseware to cover functional areas on the P-8A. This opportunity is located in our Jacksonville (Orange Park) Fl. office
These Subject Matter Experts will join a collaborative team of additional rated Subject Matter Experts, Graphics Designers/Artists, Courseware Developers and Technical Writers, with full access to all technical manuals and IEATMS to build courseware lessons and additionally define the graphics that will be associated with the specific lessons being developed.
Employment will be full-time, with a comprehensive package that includes Paid Time Off plus holidays, medical benefit options and an excellent 401K program.
• Experience as a Navy P-8A Aviation Electronics Technician - AT is required. P-8 aircraft (or same-as experience on next generation 737 aircraft.
• P-8 / 737 O-Level / Flight-line experience required
• Skilled in troubleshooting and the repair and maintenance of complex electronic systems and equipment to include aircraft radio, radar, navigation and rapid communication devices, indicator and control systems, and weapon systems
• Proficient in Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
• Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills
“This position requires an active (or ability to obtain) U.S. Security Clearance, for which the US Government requires US Citizenship.”