SSE is a training and technology company with its primary facilities in Jacksonville, Fl. and St. Louis, Mo., with nearly 30 years' experience providing custom training solutions and IT services for both government and commercial aviation clients.
The primary responsibility of this position is to develop new government business while accumulating an in-depth understanding of U.S. Government contracting needs gained through developing ongoing relationships with key U.S Government personnel identified with specific RFP’s and contracts. Goal is to deliver new business as a key contributor to a team that utilizes sustainable and repeatable processes that produce winning RFP responses and contract proposals.
Strong communications, interpersonal skills, and a winning attitude is required.
Ability to get along with others while working in a fast paced collaborative team environment is essential. Should be the work leader that drives team to success.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS/SKILLS.
- Experienced in doing business with the U.S. Government.
- Understand company capabilities and match them with contracting opportunities.
- Develop relationships with key Government personnel to ascertain a deeper understanding of contract requirements in order to provide SSE with a competitive advantage in proposals.
- Lead and manage team in proposal development to ensure our response explains concepts clearly, concisely, logically, persuasively, and possesses key attributes identified by the customer.
- Represent company at conventions, industry meetings, trade shows, etc.
- Analyze, plan, develop, and deploy a sustainable business development process.
- Utilize various computer tools to document work activity and identify opportunities.
- Ability to work on multiple tasks and meet strict deadlines in a controlled manner.
- Collaborate with team members from various functions including Business Development, Executives, Finance, Learning Services, Marketing, Network Services, and Sales.
- Establish and maintain excellent working relationship with all employees.
- Rely on experience and judgment to accomplish objectives.
- Possess a wide degree of creativity and latitude.
- Ability to stay current on industry trends, technology issues, and continual process improvement.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
A distinguished record of service in the U.S. Armed forces is required. A proven track record in a similar Business Development role is preferred