JOB DESCRIPTION AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Produce graphics, animations and screen design for interactive multimedia learning modules. Inputs include design documents, graphics requests, sketches, concepts, and verbal input. Work outputs include graphics images and animations for inclusion in learning modules.
As an integral member of Courseware Development teams would work closely with Subject Matter Experts, Instructional Designers and Project Manager in the development, implementation, and maintenance of computer-based or electronic learning content. Content may be deployed to a SCORM based learning management system.
Understands and has experience with level 2/3 interactivity and methodologies in development of online training courses. Conceptualizes and implements the output of courseware writers, subject matter experts, and instructional designers.
Implementation includes interface elements, graphics, photos, illustrations, music, voice, and instructional elements. Uses creativity in the development of graphical, animations, and educational content.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Perform the duties of graphics artist/3D modeler on one or more projects.
- Produce graphics, animations, photos, illustrations, music, voice, and educational content from provided design documents, graphics requests, sketches, concepts and verbal input.
- Applies generally accepted graphic design and layout principles.
- Design and produce screen layouts
- Review and ensure quality, technical correctness and instructional soundness of draft/final interactive multimedia lesson segments
- Work independently under minimal supervision
- Participate in all phases of project execution (Analysis, Design, Development, Deployment)
- Team player, but with ability to work independently and ensure performance to deadlines and milestones
- Experience with web-based training applications. Strong working knowledge of the following software applications: - 3D Studio Max - Adobe Creative Suite, Photoshop, Illustrator, After Effects, Flash, Captivate, Premier, In Design, Dreamweaver - Microsoft Windows - MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook - MS Access (desired)
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in graphics design, web design, computer science or related field
- Expert level proficiency with 3D Modeling, Texturing, Light Rendering
- High to Expert level proficiency with Graphics Skills listed in Qualifications
- Proficient in 3D animation
- Combination of some HTML, DHTML, Java Script and Action Script programming language experience preferred
- Knowledge of SCORM data calls and implementing SCORM compliant learning objects preferred
This position must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a 'US Person' as defined by 22 C.F.R.& 120.15 is required (US Citizen or a Lawful Permanent Resident (Green Card)